"c*est bon" on the streets of New Orleans

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I spent the day at the zoo and around town New Orleans with my two oldest boys on Saturday. Here are some of the shots from downtown-french quarters of New Orleans.

wndw1.jpg

prtopot.jpg

strtcar1.jpg

strtcar2.jpg

stairs.jpg

noriver.jpg

nobldng1.jpg

8. I could not decide on color or b/w for this one, so here is color:
nostrts11.jpg

9. and then in b/w
nostrts2.jpg

dwntno1.jpg

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
B&W on that one ;)

I really like the first shot, nice and minimalistic, though this is overall a very nice series :) Gotta love the porta potties

Oldfireguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
#1 is very interesting. Earthquake damage, old age, or from the flood?

I spent a couple of weeks in the Pleasent Hill - Mansfield area looking at Civil War sites but never made it down to New Orleans. Didn't even bring a camera with me. Have to go back one day.

Good shots.

OP
MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
fredcwdoc said:
#1 is very interesting. Earthquake damage, old age, or from the flood?

I spent a couple of weeks in the Pleasent Hill - Mansfield area looking at Civil War sites but never made it down to New Orleans. Didn't even bring a camera with me. Have to go back one day.

Good shots.

I got some great shots of a Confederate Tomb there at a very unique cemetary in New Orleans. I will be posting them soon.

SantosD50

What!! There's a ranking system?
Reaction score
Queens, NY (Home), Berrien Springs, MI (School)
I really like #1, #3, and #5. Tones are great. Nice shots! I don't really find much viewing material in #6 and am leaning more to a generic photo. I think #8 (and #9) work well in both color and b&w, and find #10 to have a feel of what the are used to be like. Nice compostion and as I said above, tones.

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like 1, 2, 5 and 10 very much!
Walls and just a door or a window have always been subjects that have fascinated me quite a bit, I must say, and the crack really adds a lot here, and the selective colouring in 2 with the two portaloos ("Pot-O-Gold" :biggrin: ) works just fine since they are very subtly coloured as they are. Great fun in that one.
Lines, all lines! That is what fascinates me about 5.
And I like to find spots in big, highrise places that still show you what it once was like there. Looked for those spots in NYC, too, when I was there.

OP
MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
fred, the cracks in the first shot I believe are from old age. It is a very old building and the cracks were there before Katrina and we do not have earthquakes here, so I am narrowing it down to old age LOL.

Most reactions