hi ..
happy new year for you all :)

this is my last shot of my best games .. its chess
this is the photo

your opinions about the shot :)

AMM ..

Very good attempt.

A couple of things I see amiss:
There is a piece (or a finger) above the Pawns that is distracting.
The baseline of the Pawns is thrown off by the shadow cast by the white Knight.
There is a color gradiation of the Pawns and I suspect they are all the same color.
I think you are wanting to showcase the white Knight, but because the black Knight is not lit enough to show any detail, it just looks out of focus rather than having bokeh.

Very moody and nicely thought out, unfortunately the execution didn't quite make it IMO.

Looks crooked to me, but i may be weird. good shot

Very Good Shot!!!

Very good attempt.

A couple of things I see amiss:
There is a piece (or a finger) above the Pawns that is distracting.
The baseline of the Pawns is thrown off by the shadow cast by the white Knight.
There is a color gradiation of the Pawns and I suspect they are all the same color.
I think you are wanting to showcase the white Knight, but because the black Knight is not lit enough to show any detail, it just looks out of focus rather than having bokeh.

Very moody and nicely thought out, unfortunately the execution didn't quite make it IMO.

thanx kundalini ..
good opinions , I'll try to make it better next time .. =)

yeah, i like it--you can take it into gimp or photoshop and just clone out that little piece of whatnot. also, i like your watermark :)

I agree with the above posts. I would like to see less dof. One additional light would solve the shadow and color problem on the pawns, easy fix.

I am not sure if I would remove the piece, looks like a rook, or show more pieces. Either way, it feels as though, there is too much or not enough showing. I'd really like to see this at f/1.2 -f/1.8 on the white knight.

-Nick

Most reactions

Back