C41 in B&W Xpro

moliver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some images from a colour dollar store disposable camera that I processed in Ilfosol S. I sorta like the look of 'em. Anyone do anything similar?

Weird that the fix didn't suck all the color out. They look like they're uber-cross-processed.

Nice! I've been meaning to try that but haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad to see someone else forged a path for me. How did you expose the shots?

neal: Umm... on a disposable camera from the dollar store ;) It was ISO 200 film. I just developed as as normal, 1+9 and ~10 minutes, but I wasn't terribly careful.

The only colour correction I did on them is what my scanner does automatically. I was expecting less colour. If I scan them in gray scale they almost just look like really badly exposed b&w photos.

The colour will come from the coloured colour couplers (!) that would have formed the two masks had the film been developed in C-41 (these masks have to survive the trip through the fixer) and possibly some of the fitration layer(s). Some colour films use colloidal silver as the yellow filter layer.That will survive in fixer during the normal fixing time, but not in bleach - which isn't part of the normal B&W negative process, of course.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

Back