Cabin Color or Black and white

Reaction score
I can't make up my mind which way I want to print this. the colored photo shows so much, but I also like the black and white version too. But do I loose too much of the atmosphere with the black and white?

Cowcamp-Color.jpg

Cowcamp-Black-n-white.jpg

I prefer the color... of the two I think the color stands out more and grabs more interest.

I'd also suggest different croppings... maybe a vertically framed shot with the cabin being composed low in the shot to focus on the cabin and sky.

Just some ideas...

I prefer the original color version. I'd like to see it at twice the size.

I had thought the 2nd one that's vertically composed but ... I'm not really sure.

In the choice between black and white or color I would definitely say color... as for cropping or recomposing... I really think both look good so there's not so much of a clear winner there. I had thought isolating the cabin would look better but both cropped photos look really good.

I think the fence adds to the pic especially since the fence and hills create converging lines right at the cabin which would be your subject.

Hard to say... either of the cropped photos look good but I might contradict myself now and say the horizontally composed shot looks better because of the fence.

--

If you're still curious about the black and white my suggestion would be to put it into Photoshop and adjust the levels. With pictures that have decent clouds in the skies I'm sometimes cut and paste the sky onto it's own layer and then run levels on both layers seperately. Doing that will make any blue part of the sky black and any clouds white. If you're interested in this and I'm not making sense just PM me.

i think you should desaturate everything but the clouds and mountains from the first picture. color sky and mountains with the B&W everything else.

Most reactions

Back