Cables

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If memory is right....shot through the cables of the Brooklyn Bridge looking up the East River.

7985-Bridgecables.jpg

This picture has this kind of "old" feel to it that I really like. But somehow it seems to lack an actual subject, with all those cables it's really "busy" and my eye doesn't really settle anywhere.. Maybe if you would have chosen a wider angle or a different view it would have been even better.

If I'm not mistaken there's also a dark stain in the lower left middle (over the hanging bridge in the back)
Is this an analog shot that you developped yourself?

Your memory is right. This is Brooklyn Bridge and your view is across the East River towards Brooklyn or Queens.
Having been there only a couple of months ago makes me wonder now, how on earth you got to where your POV in this picture is?
It almost looks as if you were balancing on one of the beams across the Brooklyn-bound driveway :shock: :scratch: !?!?!?

I agree with Spako on the "old look" this photo hasand that it is nice, but I, too, a) see the big spot in the middle and ask myself: what is it, and b) also think it is a bit busy, little "anchor" there for the eye to go to and rest for a while.

spako said:
This picture has this kind of "old" feel to it that I really like. But somehow it seems to lack an actual subject, with all those cables it's really "busy" and my eye doesn't really settle anywhere.. Maybe if you would have chosen a wider angle or a different view it would have been even better.
Sorry, but I agree with everything in this quote. ><'

Hey, thanks for the comments.....I took this picture about 35 years ago and decided not to touch it in PS.

Ya'll are right that there is not a focal point, but I thought the overall view through the cables and the cables themselves were interesting.

The spot in the middle left is probably a water mark and at this point I'll leave it alone. I'm mainlly trying to get old film scanned on to disk and then on a backup disk.

Again, thanks. The comments help for future shots.

Most reactions

Back