Cabo San Lucas at night

MikeFlorendo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a a shot of Cabo San Lucas at night. Not sure if I like the dark potion on the bottom. Thoughts?

3 minutes
f11
iso 100
300mm

Cabo_casa39 (1 of 1).jpg

I like it. The alternating light/dark areas play off each other.

Very good!

Yes, it is on the page, and even more impressive at full size.

Awesome star lights! Especially in the full-size version. Like it.

Awesome star lights! Especially in the full-size version. Like it.
Yeah it was difficult to get a feel for the zoom at 300mm. Had never used a zoom on night shots like that before. It was soft at 400mm (all the way out) so I backed it to 300mm and I think that is the sweet spot. Thank you-

Wow! I have spent 10 minutes looking at this image already so I guess I am obligated to make a few comments. Everything seems to work in this shot. I like the way you framed this with the dark, unbroken strips along the top and bottom, the road 1/3 from the bottom, and the bright light 1/3 from the right. The exposure is perfect so most of the dark spots still have some texture. The only thing I am not sure about is the sky above the city lights. To my old eyes it looks blurry and hard to look at. IMO the sky should be darkened.

Wow! I have spent 10 minutes looking at this image already so I guess I am obligated to make a few comments. Everything seems to work in this shot. I like the way you framed this with the dark, unbroken strips along the top and bottom, the road 1/3 from the bottom, and the bright light 1/3 from the right. The exposure is perfect so most of the dark spots still have some texture. The only thing I am not sure about is the sky above the city lights. To my old eyes it looks blurry and hard to look at. IMO the sky should be darkened.

Thanks! I could see what a GND filter would do to the sky in Light room. First zoom night shot so I think it works. Normally use my 14-24mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back