Cache la Poudre

Rocky Mountain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tell me what you think, taken along the Cache la Poudre River 30 miles west of Fort Collins.

ColoradoTrip089.jpg

A very nice shot but there seems to be too much sky. Maybe a crop just above the top of the ridge on the right. There are some nice features in the sky, but without pulling them out it looks kind of blah. The 'intruder' at the bottom mid-right is distracting.

Without cropping to ribbons, I think this is one of those shots where you should of got up closer to the bit of whitewater and left out the sky entirely.

mmmm, i wish i had a tube and a cooler and a good looking girl and a. . . . . and on and on.

its a very pretty place.

but i agree that it needs something, while abraxas would get up closer, i would back up shoot and crop it to a real wide format (maybe)

Nice, but almost boring because there's no prominent point of interest.

A very nice shot but there seems to be too much sky. Maybe a crop just above the top of the ridge on the right. There are some nice features in the sky, but without pulling them out it looks kind of blah. The 'intruder' at the bottom mid-right is distracting.

I agree with abraxas.

To me, the most prominent point (if there is one) would be the rapid white water. If it wasn't for the sky taking up so much area on the top, my eyes are naturally drawn to the water. But as it is right now, my eyes drift way to the sky when I look at it again, which is distracting to me.

NJ

I agree on the crop... i personally would crop just above tree on left, or even get into it some if needed... on other side of frame, crop along pine tree..

The shot is good but could use some foreground interest if anything was there Large rocks etc...

your color/ focus and DOF are ok with this, but maybe a polarizer would have given you a deeper highlighted sky.. A really good sky is needed in a shot like this...because of the space it requires in a landscape shot...

If I was walking into this scene I would think it was very beautiful. Looking at it through a photograph I am bored. Photographically I am searching for something interesting. Maybe if it was shot during better light? Maybe if there was a bird or some flowers? Get intimate with what you see in the viewfinder.

Love & Bass

For some reason it seems to be missing a fair bit of shadow detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back