Cactus V5

Are the cactus v5 TTL pass through (hot shoe) on the transmitter like Phottix Strato?
(I put a SB-800 IN HOTSHOE and have some fill in that way)
Thank's in advance
harry

No, but what I plan to do in the near future is get an off-camera shoe cord that has pass-through ttl. They make a cord that has a second shoe on top of it. Then I can mount that cord on the shoe with the transceiver on top of it, and at the end of the cord (on a flash bracket) use the ttl flash. But I am trying to get a better eye for flash exposure so I can go totally manual all of the time.

bringing back an old thread lol

I made the jump today and ordered 6 of the v5s, they are going to replace my 310p longnuo triggers.

they have a screw hole for easy mount, they are transceivers, shutter release capabilities, 100 metters, hot shoes, sync ports 1/1000th sync speed AAA batteires instaid of cr-02 and everything else you can ask for from triggers.

anyone have the time to test them since they are out???

i enjoy my phottix stratos

I'm looking at these seriously, they seem to have the best rep for manual radio triggers. ghache, if you don't mind giving a detailed report on your purchase when you receive them I'd appreciate it ;)

I'm looking at these seriously, they seem to have the best rep for manual radio triggers. ghache, if you don't mind giving a detailed report on your purchase when you receive them I'd appreciate it ;)

yup, i will make some test as soon as i get them. i took the 3 day shipping so they should be in before friday.

****ing fedex came today and i was at work!@?!?!!?!@E they will drop by again tomorrow :)

****ing fedex came today and i was at work!@?!?!!?!@E they will drop by again tomorrow :)
Don't you hate that? I usually have my shipments delivered to my office.
Except....just yesterday I had a lens coming via Canada post. My wife watched the mailman walk up to the house and leave a delivery notice to the effect of 'sorry, we missed you'. So now I have to go into a postal outlet to pick up my package. Lazy Jerk.

Yeah, I hate that! I now ship to my office, only drawback to that is no delivery on weekends...

I finally get the damn package. They deliviered it on the 18.

I tested them and they well worth the money! i didnt expect them to be that massive, i was used to the small sized longnuo 301p but its fine.

The AAA battery holder holds the battery tight, slides really well into the unit, everything is tight.

I was able to fire 3 vivitar 285hv synced at 1/320th (d7000) side by side at about 200 ft range without any missfire. i fired about 30 shots.

The specs was saying that it didnt support sb-600 for some reason but i was able to trigger a sb-600 without any issue.

triggers comes well packed in a box with foams molded for the units attached to its base. TThe base is a bit flimzy but does the job and seems to be alot more sturdy when the flash is secured to it.

triggers got metal hotshoes. The wheel used to secure the unit is large, easy to turn and is mounted on metal treads. its doesnt feel cheap.

The shutter release function works as expected, Using the test button to focus your camera, lights up a cool looking squared redlight on both units halfway pressed and the same light turn green when the shutter is released (button fully pressed).

Comes with cables for monolights and a smalls pc socket sync cable.

now i need to test them in cold weather to see how well they will work in -15 -20 degree.

OH, i was also able to trigger my old longnuo receivers by placing a transmitter on the top of the camera mounted cactus v5. soooo, if i need more triggers i can use both trigger system that way hahah, thanks to the hotshoe on top.

If anyone tried this before with high speed capable triggers, let me know if it worked.

Since these triggers will sync to 1/1000th, i was trying to find a way to use the fastest shutter speed possible and im not sure if anyone did it before but i will try this too see if it works.

To be able to sync a flash in FP at around 1/500th let say, your camera need to have a TTL capable device detected on top of your camera.

I am now thinking of using a TTL cable to mount a sb-600 on a flash bracket and mount the cactus v5 on the top of the ttl cable.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...details&AID=10603278&O=productlist&sku=690796

I think that if the camera detect the TTL flash, i might be able to sync as fast as 1/1000th (max sync of the triggers) without getting the black band since camera will sync in FP with the ttl flash. I could be totally wrong but ill try it any way.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back