Cajun Feast

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does this look good, or what????

7985-CajunFeast.jpg

I’ve never heard it call that. It’s a Louisiana specialty with crawdaddys, sausage, corn, shrimp and potatoes seasoned to perfection. We know it as a “low country boil”.

As us here in Louisiana call them "Mudbugs" or Crawfish, it is not any kind of stew or anything, you just dig in with your hands and eat what you want out of the display of yumminess sprawled out on newspapers in front of you.

Crawfish, corn, and some potatoes is probably my favorite meal when you throw em all together. Every other weekend or so, my dad brings some back for me and my mom to munch on.

I found the recipe for ‘Frogmore Stew’ in an old (late 80’s) issue of Food & Wine magazine. The mag photos of the finished dish look remarkably like the image you posted, with the exception of the ‘daddies and potatoes. Note to all: The recipe contains no frogs.

I’ll try to paraphrase the Cajun instructions from the magazine…

Boil water in a big pot
Boil sausage for tree minute
Boil corn for tree minute
Add shrimp
Off the hot
She done

Or something like that. I’ll find the mag tomorrow and post the recipe in its entirety. At any rate, your photo of this southern dish is on the money… Right down to it’s being served on newsprint!

I boil up this wonderful southern dish at least once every summer for friends and family… It’s friggin’ delicious when served with ice-cold beer that is a tad on the ‘hoppy’ side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back