calendar finally

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Will accept all critique with good grace I promise.

This is my calendar for the family and former business associates. Let me know what you think.
version1ob5.jpg

It might be a little obscure for most but people getting it will know im the retro man lol... And trust me it is only out of focus here. I have an 11x17 print that is beautiful.

"2007 Retro images..."
If it was me, I would use another font typeface than Comic Sans. I would use a retro font, like a typewriter style.
Other than that, very nice!

good thought on the font... I never paid the least bit of attention to it, or gave it any thought. By the way the printer has a border around the edge so the images don't really touch the sides. It was printed on a color laser jet with photo quality paper it seems.

Love the pictures, I think I saw a couple of those before. Your a traditonal photographer am I right? :p

Go easy on the text, especially '2007 Images from an old fashioned Retro Photo Studio/Lab' I don't know if that's on your final product but I would totally get rid of it, maybe just 'OLD LAB EXPOSÉ' or something simple.

stunning images though :hail:

Truth is I was going to ask you guys to title it but I wanted to get the proof copy made. I had to do a couple of changes from the proof to this one. The piece has to have title of some kind. I did leave one white spot in the bottom to sign and number it.... AT least fake it lol.

I think of myself as retro all this images were made with lens constructed well before wwII... Some go back to the turn of the last century. A couple of them were off kodak 3a cameras which were very popular at the san francisco earth quake coverage by newspapers. The reporters shot the roll film then sent them east by train from the next town down the line.

I would lose the comic sans font... it's out of place. I agree with the retro font suggestion - it would fit with the theme nicely.

A few small things... Out of the two bottom center photos one is almost touching the dates while the other is much smaller. On the bottom row of images you have text between image one and two, and between image two and three, but the space between three and four is blank. That makes it look a little off balance. It's also a bit strange to my eye that some images have text while others do not... again with the balance. Nice photos!

~Dewey

I quite like it. I agree on the font change though. Thats a neat calendar though. Good job.

Looks like we have a consensus the font has to go... I still need a title....

quote:On the bottom row of images you have text between image one and two, and between image two and three, but the space between three and four is blank. That makes it look a little off balance. It's also a bit strange to my eye that some images have text while others do not... again with the balance. Nice photos!

the open space is to sign and number the prints...Some of them were in need of explaination some not.... That is my only excuse. It's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Thanks for looking by the way and for the comments. I will indeed change the font since it seems to be the number one issue....

Somebody come up with a decent title for this thing..

I like the calendar, the retro look. (how about 'Time Frame'?)
Did you notice it says 'form' instead of 'from'?
If you change the font, show us the calendar again. Just to see the difference.

And the first time I saw this thread, I thought it was about a TPF-calendar. Come to think of it, that is not such a bad :idea:, is it?

Pascal

I am guessing that this is a one page deal? Even at 11 x 17 I think the months will be hard to read. I would go very, very large. Especially if you are going to sign them. In this format the text makes no sense to me.

I would go with a multi page format. Of course the cost will increase but there are ways around that.

Most reactions

Back