Calibration on new laptop

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got a new laptop and calibrated it tonight, but something seems off to me. All of my previous images (which I shamefully admit were being edited on an uncalibrated laptop screen) now look too warm and a little green on my calibrated screen, however the uncalibrated screen is identical to every other device I use and phone I use, as well as all of my friend's iphones, etc. I edited this image on the new screen and need some input on what you think.

mg_4454_by_danostergren-d6rq09m.jpg

Last edited:
How did you calibrate your laptop's display? With a hardware calibration tool? Which one?

Does your laptop allow you to adjust the display brightness and set the gamma?

The basic exposure and colors in the posted image look fine on my calibrated display.

The image has a pretty strong cyan color cast overall. If you like I can show it to you corrected.

Joe

How did you calibrate your laptop's display? With a hardware calibration tool? Which one?

Does your laptop allow you to adjust the display brightness and set the gamma?

The basic exposure and colors in the posted image look fine on my calibrated display.
I used a spider 4 pro. It lets me adjust the brightness, but in order to adjust the gamma I have to either go into the control panel and use the calibrate display option, or set it using the calibration software that the spider 4 pro came with while calibrating it. Currently I have my gamma set to 1.8, the white point at 5000k and the brightness is at 76.

The image has a pretty strong cyan color cast overall. If you like I can show it to you corrected.

Joe
Yes please.

$remove_cyan.jpg

The white point standard for calibrating a monitor should be 6500K.

Tech note: Your subject is wearing a backpack. The pack straps have classic plastic snap clips one of which shows just below his right shoulder. Those clips and straps are a neutral grey point. I adjusted the color until they were in fact neutral. Then checking the subject's skin tone I get appropriate values.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back