California Ocean Evening... C&C

WesVFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wesvfx.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these yesterday while at a beach house... they aren't perfect, but I think they turned out ok. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

-Wes

photoborderandlogohoriz.jpg

flagvp.jpg

beachh.jpg

OP
WesVFX

WesVFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wesvfx.com
Photos OK to edit
IMHO, I think #1 could use some cropping... Maybe offset the sun so it isn't centered.

I agree on the cropping. I need a different lens really bad as well. My zoom with my current one is almost non-existent. I thought about the rule of thirds and took many shots going by that rule with the sunset, but in the end it looked the best centered. I believe maybe because the shot is very symmetrical... thanks for your input! :)

Last edited:

Wolverinepwnes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Second picture is amazing, first one feel very underexposed

OP
WesVFX

WesVFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wesvfx.com
Photos OK to edit
#1 is absolutely underexposed, but that was done in post and I thought it had a very unique look that way. What does everyone else think about that one? You like the underexposed look or prefer a normal exposure on a shot like that?

BoxPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
2 is my favorite, just a great overall shot. 1 and 3 however somewhat look like snapshots. They are dead center in the frame which is always desirable.

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
#1 is absolutely underexposed, but that was done in post and I thought it had a very unique look that way. What does everyone else think about that one? You like the underexposed look or prefer a normal exposure on a shot like that?

If you're going to underexpose the first one, the crop near 50% off of the bottom. ;)

I love the second one!

Third doesn't do anything for me, like some have already mentioned....looks like a snapshot to me.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics