California Ocean Evening... C&C

WesVFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wesvfx.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these yesterday while at a beach house... they aren't perfect, but I think they turned out ok. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

-Wes

photoborderandlogohoriz.jpg

flagvp.jpg

beachh.jpg

IMHO, I think #1 could use some cropping... Maybe offset the sun so it isn't centered.

I agree on the cropping. I need a different lens really bad as well. My zoom with my current one is almost non-existent. I thought about the rule of thirds and took many shots going by that rule with the sunset, but in the end it looked the best centered. I believe maybe because the shot is very symmetrical... thanks for your input! :)

Last edited:
Second picture is amazing, first one feel very underexposed

#1 is absolutely underexposed, but that was done in post and I thought it had a very unique look that way. What does everyone else think about that one? You like the underexposed look or prefer a normal exposure on a shot like that?

2 is my favorite, just a great overall shot. 1 and 3 however somewhat look like snapshots. They are dead center in the frame which is always desirable.

#1 is absolutely underexposed, but that was done in post and I thought it had a very unique look that way. What does everyone else think about that one? You like the underexposed look or prefer a normal exposure on a shot like that?

If you're going to underexpose the first one, the crop near 50% off of the bottom. ;)

I love the second one!

Third doesn't do anything for me, like some have already mentioned....looks like a snapshot to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back