California Rt 66 Roy’s in Amboy

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Roy’s had been closed for awhile but is now back open pumping gas, but still has no rooms to rent
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Last edited:
looks right outta the 50's

Looks like Jeff's been travelling! :D
So you were visiting the other side of your vast country?
And went along the Route 66?
I only know that one from that song...
Looks like there's hardly anything there, other than Roy's ... and there's hardly anything at Roy's, either! What would Roy's be THERE for then to begin with???
(You've been here, Jeff, you know the size of my place and will understand why such vastness is very alien to me).
It's vast even up in that all blue sky!!

Still traveling currently I’m at Joshua Tree national park in California. I’ll be meeting up with abraxas in a few days near Baker, California for 3 day at the Mojave national preserve before I fly home.

As for Rt66, Well in 1910ish a road call the National Old Trials road was established it linked together an old network of roads and trials crossing the US from Baltimore to San Francisco. Then around 1925 US 66 was established from Chicago to Las Angeles it fallow parts of the old road across the south west. Luck for the folks than own Roy’s it include their section of road. But Roy’s luck ran out in 1973 when the new I- 40 opened up just north of them.

I like that last shot a lot. Were you inside the cottages?

So the two of you are going to meet, Walter and Jeff?
That is so cool.
Jeff, you must be my embassador for my best greetings, you have been HERE and met me in person only a couple of months ago, you are the best to convey them in person (better than a computer screen could do on which you, Walter, can READ about my hearty greetings to you).

No shot thru the windows, two were missing some windowpanes and other were haft broken

I was thinking, how'd he do that?- No reflection or nothing. I'm not too swift sometimes/most times.

So the two of you are going to meet, Walter and Jeff?
That is so cool.
Jeff, you must be my embassador for my best greetings, you have been HERE and met me in person only a couple of months ago, you are the best to convey them in person (better than a computer screen could do on which you, Walter, can READ about my hearty greetings to you).

Thanks LaFoto!

Amboy is a creepy place...

i lived in 29 Palms for a little over a year, and had to drive through amboy a couple times at night. an uncomfortable experience to say the least.

Most reactions

Back