Calling all Canon 70D owners....

NjStacker22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I picked up a 70D the other day and thus far it has made everything a nightmare. At first, I could not open the images in CS5 because it was unsupported. After hours and hours of trying to find a fix/patch I installed CS6 Extended. Problem solved. NOW, I am having a really difficult time time being able to view my RAW files as thumbnails. I've downloaded all the latest Microsoft Codec Packs and I see no support for the 70D (but just about every other camera in the world). I have hundreds of files on here and obviously cannot work efficiently when I can't preview the files. Any help? I have also installed Windows Live Photo Gallery and there it's telling me that the files are either unsupported, too large or corrupt.

Can someone please offer any assistance? Thank you!

Last edited:
Have you tried Digital Photo Professional that comes with your 70D? It is easier that way.

I have not. I will certainly give this a try though; thank you for the recommendation.

Depends what windows version you have. On Windows 8, you can able to see raw files in thumbnail or a photo app. There are alternative software you can use like Lightroom or Raw Therapee. If you are not interested purchasing Lightroom, go for Raw Therapee. It is free open source software.

Most reactions

Back