Calm Before the Storm

lifeafter2am

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is 3 shots stiched together in photoshop of a storm rolling in from the west over my complex. Hope yall like it! Sorry its bigger than 800 wide, it looked too small at that size!!!

storm_panorama.jpg

The stitching-thing is still something I have to start doing one day! I haven't come there as yet. I usually like the outcome of stitched panos, and this one here is no exception.

That is one big strom arriving. Wow. That sky looks downright menacing!

Now worries about the 1000px wide --- it just about fits on my monitor, though it might not fit onto everyone's and they may have to scroll.

Lovely shot, nice composition and dof. Well done on the stitching.
Nige

The stitching-thing is still something I have to start doing one day! I haven't come there as yet. I usually like the outcome of stitched panos, and this one here is no exception.

That is one big strom arriving. Wow. That sky looks downright menacing!

Thanks! It was all looks and nothing produced, nothing compared to the storms we are going to start getting as the summer moves on! :mrgreen:

Velocity said:
Lovely shot, nice composition and dof. Well done on the stitching.
Nige
Thanks!! The stiching wasn't perfect (even though it was tripod shot), had to do a bit of cloning to get it to look right.

One of my friends told me that it was called a squall line. :?:

Wow...that looks like a mean storm. Well as apposed to a happy one. Anywho...good capture.

Nothing really stands out about this photo. I dunno what it is, maybe it's all the distraction going on with the foreground and the storm not really having much detail to it. Good stitch job though.

I really enjoy scenes like this. I love to watch storms. Where I live, we get lightening about once or twice a year.

As far as stitching, I recently got PS CS3. For those that haven't experienced it, the stitching has gotten very advanced in CS3. It will even compensate for different exposures automatically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back