Cam/laptop travel bag

jknight8907

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm possibly going on a 3-week trip to Ireland next June, so of course I want to take my Rebel XT, a lens or two, and a laptop. I have a Crumpler 'Customary Barge', but I think it is too large for the space it has, and is too hard to get the camera out of, for me to take it on this trip.

So, I want to find a bag that will hold this:

12" iBook
Rebel XT
18-125 Sigma
70mm Canon
iPod
associated cables
rain jacket
some random other travel stuff that I'll discover I need

I like the styling of the Lowepro Slingshot 200, seems like that would be easy to get into, but it won't hold a laptop, or much of anything else.

If you guys know of any fairly compact bags that are fast to get into, please recommend them; I like to start my research early so I don't end up rushing to get a cr*ppy bag a week before the trip.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Check out Lowpro.com

I just bought myself a Computrekker AW. It's a backpack style bag, so it's not really easy to get into, in a hurry. However, it has a padded space for a lap top, a nice sized camera gear area (with padded & customizable dividers) and a separate compartment for other gear like lunch, jacket etc.

Also, the AW is for All Weather, so the fabric is water resistant and it has a pull out rain cover.

It was actually cheaper than similar bags that did not have the laptop compartment.

hi... my friend, a photographer, just takes his school backpack... he puts the laptop inside, and his camera with lenses... of course there's a mess inside, but it's cheap and comfortable :p

Look @ the Quentis Backpack upon eBay.co.uk or eBay.com. I bought one and it is amazing can fit my 17" laptop in it, MP3 Player and all my camera gear! It amazing and around £55ish, and the padding built into it is amazing! I LOVE the Bag!!

Thanks for the links, those look interesting. Here's a litte more info on why I need faster access:

The type of trip I'm going on is a semi-guided tour, with more than a bit of it involving riding on a tour bus, and then walking through villages and whatnot. Therefore, I need to be able to pull out my camera without taking a backpack off, setting it down, and unzipping the whole thing, as I have to do with mine now.

So: Does anyone know of a larger sling-type bag, where you can just pull it under your arm, so the bag goes from being on your back to under your arm where I can get at the stuff in it. Example: http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Sling_Bags/Designed_for_Digital/SlingShot_200_AW.aspx

While taking the walk, I often hold my camera or have it around my neck or the shoulder.

Another option that you may want to look in to is the Chestvest (often used by photojournalists) - http://www.newswear.com/index.html

danalec99

Okay, I decided to ditch the laptop, so the slingshot looks like a perfect match. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back