Camera advice for my mom

jaynang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am shopping for a digital camera for my 67 year old mother for her birthday. I am looking for something very simple to use as she is not very technologically savvy and has only used film cameras up to this point. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jay

Hi jaynang. Welcome to the forum.

At what level does your mom shoot? Most of the Pros in the world started out in film and a DSLR was designed so as not to be a bother to anyone.

If you are looking for a P&S then the usual subjects come to mind but try the search feature located between 'New Posts' and 'Quick Links' and just under where it says Welcome, (your name) for tons of threads already written.

mike

Thanks Mike_E, I am looking for a basic point and shoot camera for her.

there a huge comparisons made on lots of commercial web sites around the features on different models.

Pick a price range and do a web search for 'comparison point and shoot cameras.'

Nowadays there's really no such thing as a 'bad' point and shoot camera - my advice would be to stick with a well-known brand and see what is available in your price range. You'll most likely be spoiled for choice, so maybe pop along to your local camera shop and ask to have a look at a few to see how easy they are to use etc. You can also find tons of reviews on www.dpreview.com

Pete

Kodak has some very simplistic point and shoot cameras that are at a reasonable price. You might want to start there.

Most reactions

Back