Camera and Flash Compatibility

marcuspeddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon SB-600 flash and it obviously works with Nikon cameras. I also have a Contax 645 medium format camera but I don't have a Contax flash. What's more, the Contax flashes are expensive and it wouldn't be worth buying one for the few times I need flash for medium format. How can I check to see if a flash and camera from different cameras are compatible? The SB-600 has no place for cables so it could only be used in the hot shoe.

You can get an off brand flash for it, say a Vivitar 283 or 285, or a Sunpak 383. Probably others that have their own built in meter. You'll just have to set the sync speed on the camera yourself.

You can get an off brand flash for it, say a Vivitar 283 or 285, or a Sunpak 383. Probably others that have their own built in meter. You'll just have to set the sync speed on the camera yourself.

No you don't and sync speed is a product of the camera and not something you set.

It has a sync terminal. You could put a piece of electrical tape on the hot shoe, put the flash on the hot shoe, then use a pc cable to go from the sync port on the camera to the sync port on the flash. You'd have to use it in full manual though.

Anyways, photo with the sync port is on pg. 7. And x sync is 1/90.

PDF - 9 megs
http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/optical/support/manual/645_eng.pdf

Most reactions

Back