Camera and lenses gone :(

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... it has been done, dropped 3 L lenses and my 5D at Canon in Willich, Germany (happens to be almost at my doorstep, 20 minutes by car).

Since service is still for free, I decided to get it all adjusted (slight front-focus, and a centering problem with one of the lenses).

It was a bit like visiting a vet with some sick pets ... you enter, register at the front desk, sit down with all your gear in a waiting area, and are then called in by name when it is your turn. Well, they said it would take 7 to 10 days ... let us see how they manage, will keep you updated :)

I am so sorry to hear about your loss

ok, at least one person on the forum (pretends to) care(s) ;)

Alex, hey, good to see you back!
And the cameras are not gone for good!
C'mon, you'll get them back in a week or so and then ... they are better than new!
If only Willich were closer to here. Someone would be closer to help me clean my sensor at last. It is frightfully mucky...! :shock:

My dad once went to Canon Headquarters in Willich to take my 500N there for repair work, so he knows the "waiting room" ... but I have never been.

Alex, hey, good to see you back!

yes :) my trip to silicon valley was fun .. but I did not take a single picture! :(

even though i took all my gear with me ...

oh, and US hand luggage restrictions are so much less restricted than those within Europe ... and security at US-airports is really a joke compared to Britain and Germany ...

And the cameras are not gone for good!
C'mon, you'll get them back in a week or so and then ... they are better than new!

that is my hope ;)

If only Willich were closer to here. Someone would be closer to help me clean my sensor at last. It is frightfully mucky...! :shock:

I would clean it for you.. I am not at all afraid of that ... but then again I am as far away as Willich for you ;)

it has been done, dropped 3 L lenses and my 5D at Canon

This is what I read.

There are a lot of people who struggle with the english language on this site,
so when I read, I keep an open mind. When I read the first sentence of your
post, I took it to mean you dropped 3 L lenses and a Canon 5d... Not dropped
them off at CANON. I almost didn't want to finish reading the post.

There are a lot of people who struggle with the english language on this site,

including myself! Keep in mind I am not a native speaker .. you would be even more confused by my bad pronounciation ;)

I have to admit, upon re-reading my post, I stumbled just like you did ;)

Not dropped
them off at CANON. I almost didn't want to finish reading the post.

hm, but actually, I always get confused when you americans leave out the off in ****ed off ... without off to me it only means drunk .. which then is better than what you meant ... but it can quite alter the meaning ;)

I use that word when I am drunk or speaking about it in a story. People often
look at me like I am weird. Heh. I got so p issed last night. :)

I have a Scot that I am pretty good friends with, so he rubs off on me. :)

Man, reading this headline I thought they were stolen, then reading they were dropped, then they were safe.

A real tear jerker, lol.

Most reactions

Back