Camera and Parts

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend gave me a bag of goodies that I am unfamiliar with as far as value and either way I'm pretty sure I have no time to deal with.

Canon AE-1 Program body w/ 24mm f2.8 lens, hot-shoe flash, release cable and leather case. I haven't shot film since high-school...and don't want to re-learn at this point :D

Nikon Japan extension tubes and a 2x teleconverter. All pre-dating computer contacts. There's a bit of stuff, the only thing I want to keep is the Tamarac bag.

What should I do with this gear?

Give it to someone who will appreciate and use it.

Canon manual focus equipment does not have a lot of value as it is incompatible with current EOS systems ... I usually see those Digital shooters picking them up to try film.

As compur mentioned ... you chould find someone in the Forum worthy of gifting.

The AE-1 was one of the most popular film SLR cameras. As such, they really aren't too valuable as collectables etc.
And as mentioned, the lenses aren't easily compatible with modern Canon gear, so the value is pretty low.

So you probably couldn't get much for it, it might look good as a display piece, or it might make a great gift to someone who will put it to good use.

Goodwill.

Joe

I would gladly donate it to a member here who's willing to cover my shipping costs.

What about the ancient Nikon teleconverter and extension tubes?

All worth something, I would say over $200 in total. Put it on craiglist, ebay or Kijiji.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back