Camera bag and lenses.

Melissa Royal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!
I've decided that it's time I start looking into getting a good camera bag.
I find myself carrying two small camera bags (one for my film camera and another for my digital).
I'm looking for something that can accommodate both cameras (Minolta X-700 and Cannon Powershot Sx-20IS).
Note: I will be purchasing a DSLR sometime in the near future, so a bag that fits three cameras couldn't hurt
(though I'd likely ditch the PowerShot).

As for lenses, I'd like to get some for my Minolta X-700. Just a couple of them.
The thing is that the camera is so old, I'm not sure where to look.
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what kinds of lenses fit it. I looked online
for Minolta x-700 lenses and couldn't find any.

Thank you in advance!
-Rachael

Lowepro Nova 200 holds everything in my signature. It could surely hold everything you need it to, and it's super compact.

I don't know much about Minolta, so I couldn't really help you with lenses.

Mark

Minolta didn't make lenses specifically for that camera model. So probably any Minolta lens from the last 30-40 years will fit that camera. And if you plan to buy a DLSR, look at the Sony models. Sony bought Minolta's photography business and kept the same lens mount, so 'I think' any lenses for your X-700 would also work on a Sony DSLR.

As for camera bags, that's a highly personal choice. I have 10 or more camera bags...I have a couple that I use all the time, but many of the others get used, depending on what I'm doing or taking with me at the time. I'd suggest going into a well stocked camera store. They will likely have a good selection of different bags. Most of them have customizable interior dividers, so you can arrange it to suit your needs.

I will sell you this for $90 + shipping...;)

My Bag (This thread also has many other pics of bags and gear...)

Only the bag, of course...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back