Camera bag help.

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I had the lowepro slingshot aw 100 and just lost it on a weekend road trip so I need to get a new one. But I think i want something different. I liked the all weather and the easy accessibility but i wanted more room. I was wondering if someone had any suggestions? Thank you all very much.
-TJ

anyone have experience with the flipside 300/400 or the primius? Even the slingshot 200/300? Thanks

I had the Flipside 300, awesome pack and holds tons of gear... Once I sold my lighting stuff I didn't have a need for a big bag anymore so I sold it.

I love my flipside 300. Perfect size for a day trip bag.

ahhh the eternal search for THE camera bag. It seems to never end.

I just got a Tenba Shootout backpack. I like it, but I always end up going back to my Tamrac AeroSpeed. I'm really starting to think it is THE bag... for me at least.

love my Lowepro CompuTrekker AW Camera Backpack...

have since re-arranged it a lil bit, but i bought it as an upgrade to my flipside 200 since the 50D + grip didnt fit. couldnt be happier. its nice and roomy, yet not overly huge. TONS of room to fit lots more stuff i've yet to buy!

Thats a good bag too. Just not the same type. I ahve the computrekker plus AW. That series is really nice and holds a lot of gear. The flipside 300 is more of a smaller bag to hold your camera with a large lens attached and 2 - 3 lenses and a flash. It's more compact than the computrekker and makes a great day bag for a trip to an amusement park or a day of walk around shooting. It's storage compartment is only accessible when the bag is off your back, so it's fairly safe in crowds.

Ya since i don't have to much gear yet i figured i wouldn't need a bigger bag once i begin to expand i'll get another bag as well. Does anyone know it the flip 300 holds a regular like manfrotto tripod or not? Thanks

I use the 200 and really like it. I originally bought a 300, but returned it because I wanted it to take stuff on a plane and I wanted them to see it as my "personal item" and not as my "carryon" and, so far, that scheme has worked. I have not been questioned on several flights where I took the 200 in addition to a full-size carryon bag (I stuff my laptop into my carryon). I hate checking bags, especially with the fees the airlines now charge. From a practical standpoint, the 300 would have been better sized for me, but I do love the 200. For my Alaska trip, I was able to fit my 30D, my Sigma 100-300mm f4, my Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, my Sigma 10-20 as well as my 1.4x teleconverter, memory cards, cleaning supplies, filters, batteries, etc. I would have also strapped on my pod, but was afraid TSA would grab that.

I have a Canon bag which is similar in size to the 300, but nowhere near as well constructed.

Well my fs 300 and nikon battery charger are on there way from adorama! Lost a few things when i lost that bag! Can't believe someone found it and picked it up off the side of the road though it was in the middle of nowhere but i guess crazier stuff happens.

At least you didn't lose the camera itself! I think you'll like the 300.

ya that's true I would have died because i don't have the money to get a new one haha a bag and charger are much less expensive than a camera and irreplaceable pictures!

Most reactions

Back