camera bag...who needs them?!

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well i was just wondering if when you go out to take pictures you have a camera bag?...do you just take the camera and go for it or do you always have your bag with all your stuff in it?

the reason i ask this is because im going on a class trip on friday to an amusement park and they say that you cant take any bags with you unless they are see through (ie. a plastic sandwich bag) :er: (apparently theyre afraid of people sneaking in drugs or something), so i was wondering whether it would be a good idea for me to just take my d70 with me with one lens and just carry it around all day, or whether i should jsut leave the camera at home...im kind of disappointed because one of the main reasons of me going on the trip was to be able to take pictures but without a bag im nervous about whether its a good idea or not

anyway thanks for the help :D

Although I do have different camera outfits for different purposes, I do have a point & shoot that I just carry in a belt pouch for casual purposes. Have you checked out the possibility of getting an inexpensive clear backpack or lunchbag (something like that). If you carry it loose, although handy for having it in hand for use, you are going to constantly be holding it, or remember that you put it down somewhere, plus you have no protection from the elements, should it rain, or prying hands from others wanting to look at your neat camera (it is easier to say no when it is in a bag).

Drugs, yeah sure, they're afraid of people hiding away what few civil rights the Man hasn't already taken away. And yes I understand the amusement park is private, but it's all the same concept.

Sorry. I'm in that mood :p

Anyway, to the topic! I'd be worried about a camera that hefty, namely if you planned on going on some roller coasters. I love photography but hell I'd rather ride a roller coaster :p If you were dead set on taking pictures and you had a smaller profile digital (or film rangefinder), then consider those. Now if you think having the camera won't interfere with your amusement park fun, then don't worry about a bag and just bring the sucker.

If you want to make a statement, find the biggest darn Ziploc bag you can.

Have fun!

sbalsama said:
Drugs, yeah sure, they're afraid of people hiding away what few civil rights the Man hasn't already taken away. And yes I understand the amusement park is private, but it's all the same concept.

Sorry. I'm in that mood :p

Anyway, to the topic! I'd be worried about a camera that hefty, namely if you planned on going on some roller coasters. I love photography but hell I'd rather ride a roller coaster :p If you were dead set on taking pictures and you had a smaller profile digital (or film rangefinder), then consider those. Now if you think having the camera won't interfere with your amusement park fun, then don't worry about a bag and just bring the sucker.

If you want to make a statement, find the biggest darn Ziploc bag you can.

Have fun!

i was thinking of throwing some packing peanuts in a gallon sized bag and putting the camera in there :p

andreag5 said:
i was thinking of throwing some packing peanuts in a gallon sized bag and putting the camera in there :p

Forget packing peanuts and bring the real thing, we all know how outrageous food prices are :p

Are you planning to DO stuff at the amusement park? If so I'd say forget the camera it's only gonna get broken. If you hae a P&S take it instead.

well i was told today that we are now allowed to bring bags...

but thanks for the input anyway
p.s. im not a big fan of the roller coasters anyway :puke:

Most reactions

Back