Camera bag...

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is a good camera bag and size to get?

I really need something to store my new investment in before something happens to it.

I've been looking at Lowepro and some Tamrac bags. I thought about the Jill-e bags, but I think my husband would think it's a little to "girlish" for him to carry around when he needs to.

Even tho I don't have much at the moment (camera and 2 lens-plus the little extras like batteries/charger and cords), I plan on adding things and would like to get a bag that will hold several lens, filters etc. for the future.

I don't exactly know what size to get or what dimensions I should be looking for. I would like to try to find a decent used one on ebay or something for a good price.

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Oh I forgot...I want a regular bag, opening from the top, not a backpack type.

I bought the Lowe pro slingshot 300 off a place on ebay for $79.99 and it even had a $25 mail in rebate. I think the rebate ends this month. Nice bag with room for everything and then some. They have a smaller version the 200 but I needed the extra space.

OOOPs I saw you did not want a backpack. I have a Canon bag I am nor=t needing right now. Looks like this. It served it's purpose but I out grew it.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-100DG-Bag-SLR-Cameras/dp/B0000CCVC9[/ame]

I have a Domke F-2 that I like a lot.

It will comfortably hold 2 bodies and 4-6 lenses, plus filters and all your other accessories. The only down side is that a body won't fit with a lens attached.

Do you guys have photos of them (especially the inside) and what are your prices?

I've did a lot of reserach last night and REALLY REALLY like the Tamrac Pro bag...either the pro 8 or pro 12. Maybe I should make a post requesting a bag for sale.

Let me know your prices...and photos. Any other suggestions on bags people like?

I have a Domke F-2 that I like a lot.

It will comfortably hold 2 bodies and 4-6 lenses, plus filters and all your other accessories. The only down side is that a body won't fit with a lens attached.

I just did a couple of searches on this bag...very nice. I like it. What color is it? It seems to come in different colors.

Not meaning to intrude on the original post, but is anyone familiar with the "Mary Farace Daypack Backpack from Adorama? It's in my price range at $55 and seems to be about the size I need, hard to tell from a magazine photo .... just wondering if anyone had any opinions of it. Thanks

Not meaning to intrude on the original post, but is anyone familiar with the "Mary Farace Daypack Backpack from Adorama? It's in my price range at $55 and seems to be about the size I need, hard to tell from a magazine photo .... just wondering if anyone had any opinions of it. Thanks

GBDPBK.jpg
GBDPBK_1.jpg
GBDPBK_2.jpg
It measures 14" x 12" x 6"
The main section has room for a compact digital SLR with lens attached, and 9 repositionable dividers allow you to customize the case for more lenses, a professional shoe-mount flash and accessories aplenty.
he 11" x 4.5" outer pocket has pockets for memory cards and lots of room for other gear, including manuals

Looks like it holds quite a bit.

I just did a couple of searches on this bag...very nice. I like it. What color is it? It seems to come in different colors.

Mine is Olive Drab, but it is also available in Black and Navy (I think).

Oh, yeah - it is available in tan too. I forgot about that.

...I'm not selling mine.

(Olive Drab is green)

Last edited:
mitsugirly: Thanks for the info. Think I might invest in one. thanks again

Whatever you do, don't skimp on the bag. Sturdy padding and waterproofing are so important.

Well, I ended up deciding on the Tamrac Pro. It just really caught my eye with all the compartments, size and everything. I hope I like it. :D

Most reactions

Back