Camera bags? (Shoulder)

The only problem I see with that Domke is that it opens from the side.
Which bag are you referring to? Every one I've seen opens from the top...

The only problem I see with that Domke is that it opens from the side.
Which bag are you referring to? Every one I've seen opens from the top...

He's talking about the F-5XC which has the main opening from the top, but you can configure a bottom compartment which does open from the side. You can fit 3 extra lenses that way.

I did watch the video, but somehow missed that the first time around...

I still think the F-2 would be a good option. Maybe a little on the large side - but at least there will be room to grow. The F-5 looks a little too small for a body, 3 lenses, flash, and other odds & ends...

Yeah, that guy had 2 bodies and 5 lenses in his, but those are tiny bodies and tiny lenses...

Maybe the F-3...? A little bigger than the F-5, but not as big as the F-2. Still pretty compact.

I was having trouble deciding on which Domke I wanted. i was looking at either the F-2, F-3x or F-6. The size difference between the F-2 and F-3x is very minor when you see them in person. The F-6 is 2 inches shorter and close to the same size as the F-2 main compartment. Also doesn't have the end pockets and just a single front pocket with a zipper instead of 2 pockets on the F-2. I chose the F-2 even with just starting my kit with a 50d/28-135 and nifty fifty.

Check out this link for a F-6 & F-2 comparison
domke question - Canon Digital Photography Forums

F-2 is a good bag and can hold quite a bit depending on how you pack it.

I think my next bag will be an F-1 (maybe F-1X) - My F-2 is absolutely stuffed...

Thanks everyone for your input. I went to a couple stores and looked at some bags but the problem is, there isn't that great of a photo store where I live. There's mostly Tamrac from what I found out.

I ended up buying a LowePro Nova 200 AW online. For the price and specifications, it was a toss up between the Stealth Reporter 200 and Nova 200. I ended up with the Nova due to the extra 4" in width.

I was considering the Crumpler 7 MDH but I spent just over half as much for the Nova 200 which looks like it has about the same amount of room, maybe a little less.

Thanks again all.

Thanks everyone for your input. I went to a couple stores and looked at some bags but the problem is, there isn't that great of a photo store where I live. There's mostly Tamrac from what I found out.

I ended up buying a LowePro Nova 200 AW online. For the price and specifications, it was a toss up between the Stealth Reporter 200 and Nova 200. I ended up with the Nova due to the extra 4" in width.

I was considering the Crumpler 7 MDH but I spent just over half as much for the Nova 200 which looks like it has about the same amount of room, maybe a little less.

Thanks again all.

Well you are a lot closer to New York City then I am. You might look up this little place called B & H. They are in New York City. I hear tell that they have a bag or two you might look at. :mrgreen:

That's where I bought it from but online. I'm on the opposide of NYS. I'm not going to drive 5 hours to spend almost as much in gas as the bag :lol:.

If you have never been to B&H you should have spent the gas. It is the Disney of Camera stores. You probably gone home the next day unless you got there at opening. There is a lot to see. :D

Most reactions

Back