Camera Bags

carvinrocks2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What does your camera bag look like?

This bag came with my Nikon N2000, but I put that one in a smaller bag and put the filters, and extra lenses in a box.

I retrofitted this one some. I put a small thing of foam underneath, and used the film holders to put a couple of pieces of foam on top.

It holds my Canon 300d with battery grip attached, shoemount flash, all extra batteries and chargers, and my Canon SX 120 IS..

IMG_0789.jpg

You put a Canon in a Nikon bag?
Are you trying to piss off thieves?

;)

Which one?

I have a CaseLogic backpack, a Tenba Large Messenger bag, and a Pelican 1510 carry-on hard case. For location gear and grip I have several other utility bags.

Here's a shot of my Pelican case in one of it's configuations: 3 gripped bodies, 6 lenses, wireless radio triggers, handheld light meter, speedlight gels, dessicant, blower/brush, cleaning supplies, spare batteries, small first aid kit, etc.
Pelican2-14-10_0067.jpg

Mine looks NOT like a camera bag as much as possible.

The soft lunch/cooler bags that end up in thrift stores work wonderful as a deception. The more it looks like my lunch that I am toting around the better I like it.

I have several Lowepro top loader types and the like in the closet. I'll sell all of them to you.

But I have a gym bag to store EVERYTHING in one place at home.

It's a camera bag, but not a Nikon bag. It looks like it could be a lunch bag or a small cooler.
IMG_0797.jpg

If I happen to need my Nikon N2000 as well while doing something I have a blue gym bag that I can fit everything into.

Last edited:
Which one?

I have a CaseLogic backpack, a Tenba Large Messenger bag, and a Pelican 1510 carry-on hard case. For location gear and grip I have several other utility bags.

Here's a shot of my Pelican case in one of it's configuations: 3 gripped bodies, 6 lenses, wireless radio triggers, handheld light meter, speedlight gels, dessicant, blower/brush, cleaning supplies, spare batteries, small first aid kit, etc.
Pelican2-14-10_0067.jpg

I'm drooling!! :drool:

I second the Pelican 1510... its pretty nice and its actually cheaper than many of the soft roll around bags from tamrac or lowepro.

292495395.jpg

I generally will travel with the Pelican and a small shoulder bag (I don't carry all the equipment at any one time). I use a lock and cable on the Pelican (it stays in the hotel room) then pick and choose what to carry in a smaller bag similar to this:

(Billingham Hadley classic)

389267610.jpg

or even smaller like this

(Some "commuter" bag at the mall)

2640d1263047173-whats-your-camera-bag-p1010790.jpg

I recently made use of some birthday money and got this at 15% off sale locally:
jack Medium Brown Columbian Leather Camera Bag by jill-e designs

Haven't used it yet... but a test fit shows I can either fit 1) DSLR 24-105 + 100-400 or 2) two rangefinder sized cameras + 4-6 lenses. Probably the largest bag I'll be using. My wife likes it because its something that wouldn't look out of place if we decided to dress up and head into town. The bag itself is made of quality leather (similar to shoes).

THe least used is my LowePro. I feel it attracts too much attention and doesn't blend in with the sea of other bags people are carrying. It does fit my DSLR + 24-105L + 100-400L + 50mm pretty darn well though:

130196320.jpg

Last edited:
I've got myself a Lowepro Computrekker AW. Fits everything I need and more. Always used the lowepro bags though. I had the slingshot 200aw earlier but sold it to upgrade to this one. Needed the size and laptop compartment is a plus. This way I can take some of my gear to school without having to take a second bag along :D

4899957821_560e99d070.jpg

4900549594_c9d2eba0c0.jpg

THe least used is my LowePro. I feel it attracts too much attention and doesn't blend in with the sea of other bags people are carrying. It does fit my DSLR + 24-105L + 100-400L + 50mm pretty darn well though:

130196320.jpg

Wow! I am shocked. I was downtown last week and counted five (not counting mine). I swear by mine since I was caught in a rainstorm on a shoot and kept everything dry. I have the rain fly attachment. The AW. Maybe style varies by geographical location. I will be outgrowing mine fairly soon though.

I only use Lowepro bags, I have found nothing else that competes with them. This is my main one right now the Nova 200 but by next year I plan on getting the Magnum 400. A quarter to 3am here so nothing fancy for shots. Camera in full auto lol

bag.jpg

I carry my stuff around in a Lowepro Slingshot 300.

img2233h.jpg

I carry 3 bodies (one gripped), 2 lenses for the AE-1, 2 lenses for the Elan 7, and 3 lenses for the XG-M, along with 2 flash units, a 2.0x extender for the Minolta, filters, film, and other odds and ends.

img2234xz.jpg

I found a guy there that puts a nikon d90 in a canon camera bag... it even has the canon logo all over the back pack bag...

I have a tamrac bag. I will take apic tonight. I have some additional tamrac pouches added to the sides. One for filters so they are easy access, one for my flash/ wireless trigger and one lens pouch that I use to hold my water bottle. It has cross straps across my chest and waste and also will carry my tripod and monopod at the same time. I also have clips added to the shoulder straps that are the same quick releases as my tamrac neck strap, so I can easily unhook the neck strap and hook the camera to the shoulder straps to distribute the wait better andminimize swing.

If I am just taking out my d700+70-300mm I just stick it in my Sigma 50-500mm lens case as it fits pretty perfectly.

I also have a Kata HB-207 when I am lugging loads of stuff about. If it's only a few things I use this little backpack made by these colourful people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back