Camera Companion ??

paul'dee'dowling

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi
I had a shock yesterday , my venerable Fujifilm X-Pro 1 stopped functioning .
I assumed it was the end .
I have others , including the X-Pro2 but post retirement could not justify a used replacement .
I then found that the lens is faulty , which was such a relief .
I wonder if others find an attachment to a certain camera?In 2016 the brand new X-Pro 1 @ around £300 helped me through a rare visit to my wife's family in Malaysia , it seemed to create superb street images with little help from me .
It has a delicacy which later Fuji cameras seem to have lost .
Just relieved that it's OK to shoot another day .
dee

Warfarin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For sure. I still have my very 1st camera a Kodak 110 instamatic and wish 110 film was more available so I could shoot with it again. I also have my 1st SLR a Canon AE-1. I take that camera everywhere even if I don’t intend to use it, just in case. I have had it rebuilt once and a CLA on it after the rebuild. Spent more money on it then it is worth but it’s my 1st so it gets the attention it needs.

OP
paul'dee'dowling

paul'dee'dowling

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks , it seems a touch irrational , but to repair a treasured SLR is much more than monetary value .

RAZKY

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi
I had a shock yesterday , my venerable Fujifilm X-Pro 1 stopped functioning. I assumed it was the end. I have others , including the X-Pro2 but post retirement could not justify a used replacement. I then found that the lens is faulty , which was such a relief .
I wonder if others find an attachment to a certain camera? In 2016 the brand new X-Pro 1 @ around £300 helped me through a rare visit to my wife's family in Malaysia , it seemed to create superb street images with little help from me. It has a delicacy which later Fuji cameras seem to have lost .
Just relieved that it's OK to shoot another day. dee
I had a similar shock back in 2006 when I discovered that my first DSLR, a Fujifilm S3 Pro, was so ignorantly designed that it wouldn't even meter unless the lens electrically communicated with it. The meter was useless with a bellows, reversed lens, manual extension tubes or non-AF Nikkors. It wasn't until 2014 that I bought a DSLR (Nikon Df) that could meter even with no lens attached. About 6 years ago I did buy an AF-S 85 f/3.5 G ED DX Micro-Nikkor to utilize the S3 Pro, as I don't dislike anyone enough to give the camera to.

OP
paul'dee'dowling

paul'dee'dowling

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
To my belief, it was a less than 3 year old 16-50 zoom lens which inflicted the panic At £100 to repair it , I decided upon a new 35mm f2 as I have the 18-55 .

Most reactions

ClickASnap