Camera Computer Integration

What exactly to do you want this integration to do?

My Camera (a Canon) came with software...I think it's called 'Remote Capture'. It allows for control of the camera from the computer...the connection is via a USB cable.

I believe that many brands have something similar (Nikon etc.)

This is an old thread, but there are some more modern solutions. I am using a system called Snapizzi (snapizzi.com of course) that incorporates a digital 2-d barcode and your camera works as the scanner to automate the image organization and match your pictures with your customers. They combine the best parts from photolynx and smugmug in an all-in-one and it costs substantially less. I've looked at both solutions as a comparison and can't believe how much those two cost, especially for a business with little start up capital.

It's actually really slick for school, event, and marathon/race shooting. I have only used it for testing so far but am planning on building an entire boutique business on it's shoulders. Because of it's ease of automation and simple workflow, i'm going to shoot youth sports and a pre-school this fall and try to accomplish the entire jobs without any other support. So far so good in my tests.

I would like the shopping cart to have a little more features for my potential customers, but have been told that is in development right now and should be released soon.

Snapizzi is actually the motivating force behind my interest in starting in the industry and making my way to the forum for some product advice.....you know the whole "the right tools for the job are important" kind of thing :)

Most reactions

Back