simsi123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,
Recently bought/was given a camera as an early christmas present and I'm relatively new to photography, well at least DSLR's

Just thought I'd say hey and see if anyone else was in my possition.

Really want to get the best from my new camera, and myself, this seems like a good place to start.

Any newbies wanna chat some time feel free to add my on msn or whatever. :)

I got a Canon EOS 350D. Its really great, im sure theres faults in it and people can argue for and against but I love it...

what about you? :)

I got a Canon EOS 350D. Its really great, im sure theres faults in it and people can argue for and against but I love it...

what about you? :)

The 350D is a great camera and capable of very good pictures. I think it's ideal for a beginner and I am sure you'll enjoy it.

As for me, I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to cameras: I shoot only film (with a Pentax Spotmatic F and a Bronica SQ-A mainly).

oh right :) that means nothing to me but I'm sure it will in time hehe. So how long have you been taking pictures for?

the 350 will be very good for you. just look around in the different galleries here and you'll learn a lot about photography

I'd been looking on the net for a while for a forum I could call ''home''... this seemed like the best one for the info i was looking for :D

The 350D is a good camera, as are an awful lot out there to be fair - it's just a matter of what you choose to do with them that makes the difference.

I use a 350D too and I've been taking photographs for over 25 years. In my mind it's questionable as to whether one camera is better for a beginner or not. I think the only thing I'd suggest if you're going to get reasonably involved in it is to choose one that has the option of full manual control on it. At least that way you can be fully in control of what's going on and can learn through experimentation/trial and error/following tutorials in magazines etc. The 350D has this by the way if you'd not already noticed.

yeah :) When thinking about getting a camera I've always wanted to be creative, always wanting the option to change settings, do what a want, get different results out of the same subject...but still have the option to point and shoot. There aren't many times when I use any of the pre set functions but its always nice to know taht i can turn it on and go without having to set anything, if thats what I ever want.

Hey Simsi123: I am in the same position as you. I got a pentax K100D Super as an early christmas gift and yeah new at photography. wanting to get the most out of the camera. Good luck!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back