Camera for school

dream rider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, i need a digital SLR for a photo journalism class for college...but im stuck bewteen two, Nikon D100, and the Canon EOS 10-D, i need to know, which one will have better photo quality, ease of use (though not that necessary) and which company is more reputable....another one Digital Rebel, would i be losing a lot of quality if i went down to a camera like that from the other two? if so then scratch that idea, thanks a lot!

Jeff

All of those cameras are a generation or two out of date. Not sure about the 10D, but definitely avoid the Digital Rebel and the D100. The D100 has serious battery and flexibility issues and you'd be better with any of the current cameras - the D50, D70s, D80, or D200. The Digital Rebel was soundly defeated by the Rebel XT, which has been upgraded to the Rebel XTi just recently as wel.

I wouldn't go out and spend the 2grand on a D200 or something like that if your using it for one class?
You don't need 10.2MP if your not printing huge, for newspaper print the D50 or D70 would be fine and for a much more reasonable price:)

Most reactions

Back