camera gift help

jerseygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my father is interested in a digital pocket point and shoot (the smaller the better). he biggest complaint of his current camera (an olympus, few years old now) is the time lag between pushing the button to take the photo and actually capturing the image. not knowing the price ranges, we really don't have a set budget yet.

does anyone have recommendations and/or can point me to reviews that highlight this lag information? thanks!

You are going to experience shutter lag w/ virtually any p&s camera out there. I don't think there are any which will give you the image w/o some lag unless you went to a DSLR.

You are going to experience shutter lag w/ virtually any p&s camera out there. I don't think there are any which will give you the image w/o some lag unless you went to a DSLR.
i was afraid of that...i think a dslr is too much camera for him and he really just wants to be able to place it in his pocket when out and about...

With practice, he can learn to anticipate the shooting and get the timing right. This is true unless he is trying to shoot something like sports or quick action stuff. If that's the case, may want to look either at dslr or slr.

With using P/S cameras, all I use is Olympus. The older ones were pretty slow and that was a bit disturbing, but the pictures always came out fine and they are pretty durable. As with anything, the newer Olympus's are far better and faster than the older ones. The one I use now, which is old for technology sakes, is the SP-350. This one was like night and day over the C-4000 I first used. Until this SP-350 breaks or something really bad happens to it, I still will be using it. When I upgrade in the P/S arena, I will be getting another Olympus.

Most reactions

Back