Camera Help

tabbymichelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lorephotography.gq.nu
I am trying to find an SLR Film camera that will fit my budget. I have been looking at the canon rebel k2 but I need some opinions. Please help me to decide.

Also, what is the difference (besides price) in the k2 and the t2?

Thanks so much =)

What's your budget?

I don't know what the differences are (I'm sure they are pretty close) but you may be able to find out here http://www.eos-magazine.com/EOS system folder/EOS system/Film cameras/directoryUS.html

Have you considered a used camera? There should be plenty of used cameras available in local shops or on the internet. If you really want to stretch your dollar, look at manual focus SLR cameras...Somthing like a Canon AE-1. The cameras and lenses are quite cheap because they are not compatible with the new autofocus stuff.

If you are looking for a new camera, I like the Canon Rebels. Like I said, I don't know the difference but they are fairly close. The next step up (with Canon) would be an ELAN 7 (or 7n)...better body & features....but they all take the same lenses & film so you can still take the same photos.

well, I went to a camera store this evening and I tried out both. I ended up purchasing the T2 it came with a 28-90 mm lens and I bought a 70-300mm lens as well. I hope that all works well! I think that it fit perfectly in my budget and hope to get better at my work with it. Thanks for the input! =)

That sounds like a nice little kit to start out with. Congrats and have fun.

If I may offer a few suggestions...

A tripod is a very good investment, doesn't have to be a fancy expensive one. Use a remote or the self timer when using a tripod.

One of the cheapest lenses is the 50mm F1.8 and it's also one of the best. With a max. aperture of F1.8, its much better than either of the lenses you have now. I highly recommend this lens.

An accessory flash will make a big difference for flash photography. Something that fits into the hot shoe and is way above the lens. Even better, one that tilts and swivels so you can bounce the flash.

Yeah, I am defintately going to use a tripod most of the time. I have been looking at the matching digital for this camera and I am pretty sure that the lens it comes with is a 50mm. I knew that I would need one eventually, but what I bought was adding up quickly and making my husband sweat. :lol: Maybe in a few months I will have the money saved up to buy the digital and if not, I may just buy a 50mm lens anyway. Thank you so much for the input!!! I really appreciate it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back