Camera Internals showing up on Picture

DaPOPO

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just thought this was interesting and wanted to share. The wife and I were taking some Christmas pictures the other day. This was one of the last ones' we took. The camera was setup on a tripod in front of three windows. I believe the camera was sitting in front of one.

Maria hits the shutter, timer goes off and voila. If you look at my glasses you can see clearly man made objects in my lenses.

I believe it came from the light entering the viewfinder. Just a little reminder to hold something over the viewfinder if the camera is backlit by bright light on a tripod...
untitled-9657-Edit.jpg
untitled-9657-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think that's anything internal to the camera, nor any light leaks from the viewfinder; your shutter speed would simply be too short for this to be an issue unless there was a major issue with your camera. Both your eye and the lenses of your glasses are convex and will display reflections from a wide area. Looking at your left eye, it looks to me like a window/lamp/television or similar light source, a statue, and what a first guess, I take to be a row of blue Christmas lights.

Think I would have to agree with Tirediron above. I know on really long exposures light leak through the viewfinder can be an issue. Pentax includes a cover for the viewfinder, though I've never found it to be needed.

I don't think that's anything internal to the camera, nor any light leaks from the viewfinder; your shutter speed would simply be too short for this to be an issue unless there was a major issue with your camera. Both your eye and the lenses of your glasses are convex and will display reflections from a wide area. Looking at your left eye, it looks to me like a window/lamp/television or similar light source, a statue, and what a first guess, I take to be a row of blue Christmas lights.

Thanks, I can't disagree because I really don't know, I believe it came from the internals. No Christmas lights are in front of me, so the TV being turned on 45 degrees camera left does give off blue light and the lens will pick up on reflections, but the rectangular object in my camera left eye is nothing that I had sitting in my living room, and I believe is too small and detailed to be captured from the TV.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Maybe you're just part of the Matrix?

i clearly see windows and possible a tv/monitor.

you could always test your theory by using a white room, white wall etc and putting a bright colored, sheilded light behind it like you have. Start with a normal shutter speed, and start slowing it down until you start seeing weird stuff.

as example below, as mentioned usually long exposures can have this happen. Below, the sun was behind me going in the viewfinder on a 6 second long exposure.

PurpleHaze-1a.jpg

There's images in those reflections. The one on the far left of the image looks like a camping tent.

Most probably windows and or reflected daylight off polished surfaces. Don't forget that the WB of outdoor light will be considerably shifted towards blue compared to indoor, something that saturation/contrast will enhance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back