Camera / lens cleaning and calibration.....

maytay20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mwphoto.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So for those of you in the US how do I go about doing this with Canon??? Is there a phone number I call?? I tried doing it through Ritz (were I purchased it) and they do it themselves. I want Canon to do it not stupid Ritz / Wolf camera store. I am in MI in the US! I have had my camera for over a year now and I think it would benefit from this. Of course I have done cleanings on it my self I just think sending it to the company would be able to do better than I can. I also have a 28 - 135mm lens that is 3 months old and I swear no matter what setting I have it on I just can't get a crisp picture out of it. My other lenses I can and I can tell when it is user error that messed it up. This lens is just never crisp. Thanks, Mary

I have had the same issues with my 28-135, and recently began to wonder if it just needed to be cleaned. I've had the lens for about a year and a half now, so I would imagine that it's due. Anyone have any insight?

Cleaning the lens probably won't make any difference. It is possible for a lens and/or camera to be out of alignment and Canon can test and adjust that for you.

But I would think that you have to send them the camera AND the lens.

Often the part that is off is inside the camera... and if they fix it, they could be adjusting things in the wrong way.

This is one of those little things that I really like about cameras like the D300 and D3, they can adjust for lenses that are front or back focusing some.

Most reactions

Back