Camera Modes

In studio with strobes you are forced to shoot in M because the camera cannot make decisions for the light that will be there when the strobes pop.

Outdoors I was shooting in auto but I am beginning to explore Aperture priority mode and see how I do with it. In low light switch to shutter priority mode to keep my hutter speeds fast and let the camera decide aperture.

Aperture priority...and it isn't a matter of laziness, I let the camera's CPU be my oft needed 3rd hand.

LWW

Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I gave up on 'modes.' I use equipment which can be and is operated manually, battery-free. I make all of the decisions myself, usually after consultation with my trusted old exposure meter. If nothing else, this makes it far easier to assign fault when an exposure turns out to be other than as originally desired.

Mostly Av here.

In a controlled environment, I'd go with M.

Torus34 said:
Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I gave up on 'modes.' I use equipment which can be and is operated manually, battery-free. I make all of the decisions myself, usually after consultation with my trusted old exposure meter. If nothing else, this makes it far easier to assign fault when an exposure turns out to be other than as originally desired.
yay, rangefinder, or MF, or paper neg, or whatever it is, it aint digital. actually i dont have any of those, but a good friend of mine does have a rangefinder and its pretty fun. thing is, i find the sunny 16 rule is usually more like sunny 11, i cant see how it could get so bright, what do you reckon?

Aperture: use when the subject doesn't move, you'll be able to control the DOF.

Shutter: use when the subject is moving or if you want to create an effect by moving the camera or lens. You can either freeze the action, or show the subject or background movement.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back