hyakuhei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hyakuhei.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
I was driving along the motorway when I saw this sunset and had to take a picture on my camera phone.

173546964_6007571f9b.jpg

Becuase of the light I loose a lot of forground detail which isn't so bad I guess because who wants to see a motorway right..? I rotated,cropped and played with the colour and I came out with this:

553764111_36f072eeac.jpg

Critiques welcome.

rotate and crop only.
leave the colors alone :p
or maybe just turn the saturation up a nudge....but don't desaturate them...please :D

Agreed. Sunset colors are too beautiful.

I agree but I felt the colours were a little washed out which is why I went with an alternative angle.

Perhaps if I took the initial image, rotated, cropped, darkened the foreground and possible tweaked the blue in the sky it would work a little better.

I'll give that a try when I get into work tomorrow - Thanks all :-D

Well, I tried a few things but I'm just not happy with the colour in the pic.

This is just me being over zealous though. The exif shows that the pic was taken almost a year ago - way before I was into photography. It was also taken at about 80 miles per hour.

I'm just looking through my current pictures trying to find images to manipulate whilst I wait for my camera.

Thanks to all for your input, I can't wait to start taking "proper" pictures!

Cheers
-Rob

Also keep in mind that this image was taken with a camera phone. Not exactly the tool with which to take gallery-quality photographs. Camera phones have their place, but it's sort of like comparing an eBay strobe to a Speedotron Force 10 monolight. The two have the same purpose, but they're light years apart.

Most reactions

Back