Camera Question PLEASE help!!

captainjamerica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone!! My wife and I are looking at cameras and I was wondering if we could maybe get some help from you guys. Ok, we were looking at the mega zoom digital cameras on the market and have narrowed it down to the cannon s5 or the kodak z712is. Now, we just need a camera with a nice zoom and of course good day/night pictures (we don't need anything professional, just good vacation and every day pics). There is a huge price difference between the two and who wants to spend extra money if it is not necessary. I really appreciate any help that we could get or anybody's opinion on either/both cameras.

Welcome to the forum

Here is a side by side
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...byside&cameras=canon_s5is,kodak_z712&show=all

The only thing that really stands out to me, is that the Canon has a screen that flips out and rotates and has a higher resolution...plus, it's a Canon ;)

Really, these types of cameras are all pretty similar...they have their strengths and their weaknesses. If you haven't already, go into a store and play with them. One of them might feel better in your hands, and that counts for a lot.

Thanks very much for your reply. It was very helpful. As long as they take the same quality pics (night and day) I guess I should buy the cheaper one- unless there is something you guys know that I don't!!

I don't know ANYTHING about photography or cameras (although I'd like to learn) but I want something that has more features than a point and shoot camera, like the better zoom and night pics...I don't need anything fancy!

The Canon.
Not because I shoot Canon, but because you get a great IS (image stabilization) capability, and you get a tad more resolution.

Anyways...the IS is really a great feature...and with the focal length of the long end of the camera...you'll need it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back