Camera recommendation for startup studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool and all but I only wanted advice on the camera, not the business. I hate that I responded to the replies that didn't answer the question. This thread has more posts than I expected and I'm not about to go through them all so if you gave a decent answer (that really answered my question), thanks.

Why did you come to a discussion forum for something you could easily google?

To get all the advice I could get. I don't limit my questions to a google search. No worries. Don't plan on asking anything here again since google has all the answers. Thanks.

Okay, as long as the advice only followed the guidelines of what you wanted, right? You just complained that we didn't address ONLY your question, and now you're saying you came here for "all the advice you can get" but what you got wasn't what you wanted?

OP, welcome to TPF. There are a large number of very talented and very knowledgeable people here who really will help you out. However since today is 2 days after Christmas many of us are a little bit punch-drunk since this is one of the larger photography forums around and we've had a couple of hard days of people who got their first camera for Christmas and are now ready to "Go Pro".

Please understand that while there has been a lot of ridicule at your expense, photography is a career. It looks simple on paper to just buy a camera and a lens, a tripod and a couple of lights, a background or two and open up a little studio. But do you really understand how many years of study of photography, posing, lighting, exposure, composition, and everything else that goes into a master photograph some of these guys have put in? A Master's Degree wouldn't come close to some of them.

BigMike's analogy of buying baking pans was right on the money if you stop and think about it. If you have the knowledge to make a studio work then you will already know that a t3i is not the camera you want. You would also know that a $3k budget is bargain basement. What are you going to do if your only paying customer walks in the door for their appointment and you drop your only lens while mounting it on your camera? You have to have a backup for everything. You're wanting to opena bakery but don't know how to bake a cake yet. Take a step back, get a camera and just enjoy it for a while and decide if a career in photography is for you, whether or not it's even something you want to pursue. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of sweat, a lot of worry, and it isn't for everyone. Most who try don't make it, and those who do prepare fully before they open their doors.

This reminds me of a rerun, of a rerun, of a rerun, where they all died at the end.

Why did you come to a discussion forum for something you could easily google?

To get all the advice I could get. I don't limit my questions to a google search. No worries. Don't plan on asking anything here again since google has all the answers. Thanks.

Okay, as long as the advice only followed the guidelines of what you wanted, right? You just complained that we didn't address ONLY your question, and now you're saying you came here for "all the advice you can get" but what you got wasn't what you wanted?

Yeah! Advice on the camera! Not about studio space, lights, how I should know this already, business license, name registration, and all that jazz.

Yeah! Advice on the camera! Not about studio space, lights, how I should know this already, business license, name registration, and all that jazz.

okies...
the Canon T3i is ONLY good as a studio camera IF you have sufficient lighting, preferably strobes or speedlights, AND you have high quality lenses. if your going to skimp on the lighting OR lenses, go with a better body like a 5DII or 5DIII, or even a 7D.

okies...
the Canon T3i is ONLY good as a studio camera IF you have sufficient lighting, preferably strobes or speedlights, AND you have high quality lenses. if your going to skimp on the lighting OR lenses, go with a better body like a 5DII or 5DIII, or even a 7D.

Thank you!!

so no mention of the important stuff. gotcha, skip the t3i. could it work, yeah, but if you want a business and don't want people coming in and telling you they have a more advanced camera then you your going to have to work higher up the food chain. and also budget in for backup gear as well.

That's cool and all but I only wanted advice on the camera, not the business. I hate that I responded to the replies that didn't answer the question. This thread has more posts than I expected and I'm not about to go through them all so if you gave a decent answer (that really answered my question), thanks.

Lol did you even google at all or do any research before you asked your question??
Dont answer that. I know the answer.

Why don't you go to a local studio and try to get a job as a shop hand and learn from them first?

I've read up on the t3i. Didn't say not to use it for photography mr funny guy. And take your own advice, will ya, kid? Thanks.

Oh h3---llll no.

First of all nobody said dont use it for photography. I haven't read that ANYWHERE. All we said was its not a good studio camera. I personally own a t4i and love it.

Second you didn't ask us if it will take pictures. You asked if it was a good studio camera.
Third, I google stuff A LOT. I do my research.
Let me google that for you

and last, kid? We are well beyond that but since you know so much about me sure lets go with that. I am just some kid who has never doe anything with my life....

oh wait. Yes I have. I've been in and out the military, which is probably more than you have done...
oh and some of my photography has sold.

when you want advice do research before you ask, instead of looking like a fool. Then people won't flame you. Until then, get lost.
/rant.

google.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back