Camera Strap recommendation for DSLR

fotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi newbie here.. just got my D700. Any recommedations for a good camera strap? Thanks!

Welcome. I like the Sun Sniper( Sun Sniper Steel Sniper-Strap Camera Strap with Rotaball). You wear it across your chest rather than around your neck, which I find much more comfortable for all day carry. The camera's on a ring that slides up the strap. You can get it with a built in wire to protect against theft. The one thing you may have to work around is that it attaches to the tripod mount on the camera so if you use a tripod or monopod a lot you have to take the strap off. I usually carry the OEM strap with a couple of spring clips for when I'm using those.

thanks for the reply... i can't figure out wearing it on chest (from the link you have provided) but it looks good as it's light weight and looks simple. I don't mind if it attaches it to the tripod mount. Been browsing around and seen that black rapid is good as well. Easy to carry and look simple, nice for being mobile all the time. Also a friend recommended kawaprogear strap, which i find very nice looking leather camera strap. I like the idea as it looks professional.. I'm gonna dig more! thanks!

I'm really happy with my Black Rapid Sport.
There are several reviews on YouTube for the Black Rapid straps. That Nikon Guy (Matt granger) does some side by side comparisons.

Black Rapid looks like good stuff...I love how they use the term "Active Shooter" in their Sports strap video. I would use caution using that term out in public lol

Anyhow, I use a Joby Pro strap which is similar to the Black Rapid Sport strap and a Joby quick release plate. The quick release plate allows me to use my strap in conjunction with my Tripod.

I love the Black Rapid for carrying a heavy rig but if I am using a lighter camera and lens I like the comfort and simplicity of an OPTECH.

I have a sick Red Monkey leather x studded strap for the d700 (more rockstar lookin, -form over function) and the Black Rapid curve for the D90

Most reactions

New Topics

Back