Camera with center grid line ?

Samanthaaa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
image.jpeg
Is there a brand of point and shoot camera that has a grid line that splits the screen in half horizontally, not an SLR, just a regular point and shoot. I have seen it on SLR cameras, but I'm wondering if any point and shoot cameras would come with that feature? Please see huge drawing above lol. That red line is what I am looking for. Thanks.

Last edited:
The RX100 series has a digital level gauge. It shows if the camera is angled left or right. I had it on my NEX-6 and it was pretty nice. People flipped when they left it off the a6000, but it's coming back on the a6300.

No, the grid line was part of the split image system for manual focus.
Split Image.jpg

If you check around on the internet you can find companies that make replacement focus screens with various patterns.
casegd.jpg

The RX100 series has a digital level gauge. It shows if the camera is angled left or right. I had it on my NEX-6 and it was pretty nice. People flipped when they left it off the a6000, but it's coming back on the a6300.

Will that work if the camera is facing the ground?

I just tested it on my NEX-6. It starts to get pretty confused when you point it straight down. It does levels for both right to left and up and down, and the up and down level never corrects when it points downward. The right to left works if the downward angle is just right. But that's just the variable components. The guides that you're trying to line it up with remain in exactly the center of the screen, so you always know where it is. Not sure if that helps for your purposes.

Many digital cameras offer what is usually called an On-Demand viewfinder grid, or just Viewfinder Grid Line option. The several on-line camera comparison sites might be one place to look...you know, the sites like snapsort and the other one whose name escapes me, where basically every single feature and specification has been entered into their database, and then uses can click boxes, or enter search criteria, and the site churns out the relevant data.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back