camera's for the left handed

Well for generations being a leftie was the sign of the devil or some such. Right handed writing and use was considered the right, proper and ONLY way to be. As such everyone was taught to be right handed and even when we left those conventions behind the fact that everyone was right handed kept being passed down to the new generations.

Today you have to show the "natural talent" to be left handed whilst I suspect that many people could, with training, learn to be left or right handed and that, if started at a young enough age, being ambidextrous is possible for most people (heck many lefties are already partly like that since they have to often learn to use right handed tools and items).

Well for generations being a leftie was the sign of the devil or some such. Right handed writing and use was considered the right, proper and ONLY way to be. As such everyone was taught to be right handed and even when we left those conventions behind the fact that everyone was right handed kept being passed down to the new generations.

Today you have to show the "natural talent" to be left handed whilst I suspect that many people could, with training, learn to be left or right handed and that, if started at a young enough age, being ambidextrous is possible for most people (heck many lefties are already partly like that since they have to often learn to use right handed tools and items).

The very first time I ever picked up a guitar, I picked it up "right handed". It felt natural. The same thing when I threw a baseball for the first time. I had a natural movement with my right arm, but threw like a girl with my left. I was never "trained" to be right-handed. I've actually had this conversation with my Mom and, as far as she can recall, I never showed evena hint of being left-dominant. According to her, the first time I ever picked up a crayon, I did it with my right hand.

It just seems as though nature has determined that lefties need to be fewer in number. I'm just wondering why...

Four out of six people in my home are lefties. Take that right handed majority.

Honestly, most of us left handed people just get used to living in a right handed world. I shoot almost everything (except bolt action rifles and archery) right handed. It's just much easier for me to deal with.

I am left handed some of the time feel problem. But not now, before few months i felt this problem too much but now i feel easy with that.

Since I have always taken pictures with my right hand, that doesn't bother me. One thing I have always done since childhood i use my left eye to look through the viewfinder. If I use my right eye,it feels funny and weird just like if I put a phone up to my right ear,or kicked a ball with my right leg&foot.

One of the reasons (Yes my other reasons were more important ones) I chose the D7100 NIkon, was the buttons on the left side, and front of the camera that I can reach with my left hand and left thumb.

The only negative to this camera is the left side that my hand holds onto has barely any room for me to even grip it. I have to hold the lens instead,even when I'm not taking a picture. And then when I need to push a button, I have to move my hand from the lens.

If there was more of a grip on that left side ,it would be great ! I wouldn't be accidentally pushing buttons with my thumb and left hand just from simply holding the camera,either. So in a way those buttons on that side can be badly placed too. But again, I feel it's mostly because of the lack of gripping space on that side ,not because of the buttons.

Most reactions

Back