Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The National Gallery, Washington, D.C.
Leica IIIc, HP5

CamerasPhonesAndJeansWeb.jpg

my eye is definately drawn to the girls but the fountain keeps pushing itself in. to be honest, i can't make my mind up as to whether it's a distraction or not. if i said to include the fountain, your subject would then be fighting against it, but on the other hand removing it would leave us wondering what the heck they're taking pics of. ok, now that i've typed this all out i've concluded your composition is dead on and i believe i understand your thinking; i guess you'll pop back sooner or later and set me straight. based on the foregoing, i have nothing constructive to say except you could have added 'white shoes' to the title. :)

I agree...I think that the fountain is distracting, aslo the guy behind the support, were you can only see the legs is also a bit distracting. Maybe a tighter crop could be in order around just the photographers.

JonMikal said:
my eye is definately drawn to the girls but the fountain keeps pushing itself in. to be honest, i can't make my mind up as to whether it's a distraction or not. if i said to include the fountain, your subject would then be fighting against it, but on the other hand removing it would leave us wondering what the heck they're taking pics of. ok, now that i've typed this all out i've concluded your composition is dead on and i believe i understand your thinking; i guess you'll pop back sooner or later and set me straight. based on the foregoing, i have nothing constructive to say except you could have added 'white shoes' to the title. :)

If it were an unrecognizable mass, then it may have been a distraction. But with the ledge, water and the relative focus of the fountain itself, I believe it is easily recognizable (as I'm happy you did) and I felt it helped in the perspective and composition of the image. Others may disagree...

As for the white shoes (sneakers?) - I seriously did consider adding them to the title!

Thanks,
Tuna

ClarkKent said:
I agree...I think that the fountain is distracting, aslo the guy behind the support, were you can only see the legs is also a bit distracting. Maybe a tighter crop could be in order around just the photographers.

i think the composition is good because with out the fountain it would just be a picture of people taking pictures, but the fountain adds a whole lot

i think you've added just enough so that it is recognizable but not enough to overpower the subjects, excellent shot!

The sneakers are cool, not the first thing that I noticed but that's more probably my own eye that needs adjusting.:blushing:

I like the fountain too. Have you thought of seeing what it would look like if you cropped the bottom part of the picture up to the little bush at the basin of the fountain?

you could have added 'white shoes' to the title.
I wanted to suggest it too :D hahahaha

Tuna I love this picture! Great composition. well I didn't know that you are allowed to take pics in the gallery. Here we cannot enter the gallery nor the museum and take pics of exhibitions there :(

I don't find the fountain distracting, but I would have wanted to see this scene without it. It'll let you guess what they are all looking at and taking pictures of, and that man behind the collum could have been left out of the picture.. but I like it this way as well, very neat picture!

It does make me wonder.. why do 5 people (who obviously know each other, thus could have exanged pictures) take almost identical pictures of the same fountain..?! :p

This photo is great, no exceptions. I think even the guy in the bg adds to the scene, makes it seem totally unrehearsed...and adds to the ridiculousness of the girls taking pictures. I feel like I am in the scene standing on the other side of the fountain with MY friends laughing at the girls. Nice contrast.

ClarkKent, clarinetJWD, andreag5, CMILLEY, mentos, &Denekamp and RtS - thank you for your comments and critique.

CMILLEY - I considered cropping the bottom mainly due to the white area at the bottom-left but left it as is for the perspective I felt the water and ledge provided.

mentos - same rules here as well. This was in a common area of the museum where photo taking is allowed.

Tuna

Most reactions

New Topics

Back