-Camo Portrait- (CandC)

AUS-10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments are appreciated!
Taken with a D3000 through the Nikon 18-55mm kit lens.
(View fullsize image)

ISO 400
f/ 5
1/80sec

4257669159_9e5777d08b_b.jpg

Did I go overboard on the skin smoothness?

i would say a tad too much on the skin smoothing, and its a little dark

Underexposed and seems a bit over processed.
TJ

She had quite a bit of acne she wanted me to cover up I just couldn't tell from my viewpoint if I went too far with it. Thanks though!

Just try and use the skin smooth a little or just go in with I think its the clone stamp tool and get each individual thing you want to remove.
TJ

I think the best way to do a skin edit and make it look natural is to use the airbrush and set the opacity between 30-60% depending on the situation and lighting. Then use the heal tool to blend it. I have found that with practice, this will give you the most natural look. As far as the photo, someone else mentioned that it is alittle underexposed, fix that and make the skin look alittle more natural and I think you'll have a very nice shot!

It's a definite improvement, still too dark though.
Her skin looks more natural.

I think the best way to do a skin edit and make it look natural is to use the airbrush and set the opacity between 30-60% depending on the situation and lighting. Then use the heal tool to blend it. I have found that with practice, this will give you the most natural look. As far as the photo, someone else mentioned that it is alittle underexposed, fix that and make the skin look alittle more natural and I think you'll have a very nice shot!

Or if you're super lazy (like me) run portraiture.

Shes underexposed along with being way oversmoothed.

I pulled the histogram on this photo... its one large lump on the left. Very underexposed (even after edit)

Hope you dont mind.... 2 second edit.

4258761376_c4f240139e.jpg

Nah its cool. Definatly looks alot better. What exactly did you do with it?

what program do you use to edit? How do you go about smoothing the skin?

All I did was bring up the midtones and add an s curve for contrast. You can do those things in Gimp which is free. I use CS4.

All I did was bring up the midtones and add an s curve for contrast. You can do those things in Gimp which is free. I use CS4.

Eh I didnt like GIMP before I got CS3 Extended. Too confusing for me compaired to PS

Most reactions

Back