Camoflague Mannequins

leighthal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
More fun with my Mannequins. I am tasked with the theme of Hunting and/or Camoflague for my local photo club. Having nothing to show and the deadline tomorrow I took these to try and fit the theme. Now I am second guessing myself on if they actually fit the theme. If all else fails I'll go with the "I am an arteest" excuse to explain my choice.:er: I think I could go forever on this double exposure-esque route. Was a lot of fun.

Do you guys think these photos will leave them scratching their heads over the theme?

1. by Leigh-Ann Dupuis O'Neil, on Flickr

1.-2 by Leigh-Ann Dupuis O'Neil, on Flickr

Both are interesting, decorative pictures, which framed and hung on the wall will always draw attention. The color one IMO is better, more pleasing. B&w is little too harsh in contrast and compo might be too subjective for your viewers.

I think these would be great with displacement map.

Thanks Timor. I agree the B&W is harsh and the comp a bit unconventional. I will try to tone it down and see if I like it better.

Thanks Mmaria, I did a quick displacement map and it worked nice but not enough difference to make it worth the effort for this club. It's a 2 minute slideshow of theme of the month. I will file your wisdom for a reshoot when/if I want it for my wall. Again, thanks for the help. I wouldn't have thought of displacement map.

The color one is definitely stronger. It's just a much more unusual juxtaposition--wooden clapboard and mannequin. The scratches and weathered texture work well with the mannequin and have an interesting and surreal quality.

The black and white is too ... black and white, lol.

Very surreal. Really cool.

I really like the second one. More Mannequins, please!

I think the second one is money.

My first thought when I saw it was "chameleon"...

Most reactions

Back