camping and photography workshop in patagonia

ngorevic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I'm planning a trip to Patagonia, but it's fairly specialized in interest and I'd like at least one person to help bring the costs down. The trip will basically be combining a backpacking experience with a photography workshop. We'll have a guide as well as a professional photographer who's familiar with the area. I'm planning this to start either the last week in November, or the first week in December. It's going to be a 10 day trip, during which we we'll do what's called the Paine Massif Loop.

The type of person that would be interested in this trip is someone who takes pictures with an SLR camera of some kind, who wants to learn more about nature photography, and is also interested in a rugged outdoor experience at the same time. You'll need to be fairly fit, as this will require carrying a heavy pack several miles on some days. You don't need to be an advanced photographer though. I consider myself an intermediate amateur. If you're not a photographer, you could still come, but you'd need to be willing to wait every now and then while we set up tripods and take pictures, and get up very early to be at a spectacular vista right before sunrise to capture that special shot.

The price I've negotiated for this trip for 2 people is $2395 per person, not including airfare, but including almost everything else. All you need to supply is your photography gear, and a sleeping bag and pad. That goes down to $2195 for 3-4, and to $1995 for 5-8. By myself it would be 3995, so you can see why I need some more people. The group I'm talking with is chile nativo:

http://www.chilenativo.com/

And the trip would be led by this photographer:

http://www.wildpatagonia.cl/

Looks great, right? If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, drop me a line and we'll chat. And lastly, if you want to see some of my photography, you can see it here:

www.nickgimages.com

I'm a 32 year old married white male, for those of you who care. I live in park slope Brooklyn, and right now I work as a psychotherapist (social worker).

Nick

Sounds like a great adventure. I would have jumped at the opportunity 20 years ago when I was younger and in shape. I hope to get there one day, but not to hike as much as to flyfish (and also take photos). Patagonia has some of the best flyfishing in the world. Please post some photos when you return. Good Luck!

Most reactions

Back