Can A Camera Love One person(s) More Than Another?

Tee

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know what you're thinking....how can an object with no human emotion choose to like one subject over another? For example: in the past 2 weeks, I've done a handful of complimentary Christmas card sessions for friends. Two of the couples are magazine cover worthy. When I photograph them, it's like I'm continuously "on". My camera loves them. A third couple are the nicest people in the world. Real salt of the earth. They give and give and never ask for anything in return (which is why I enjoy photographing them). But...they are not the most "photogenically appealing" people. I do the same poses, same lighting set-ups, everything the same yet the images still seem "blah". It's like my camera refuses to focus, expose, etc. Earlier this week I was asked to cover an awards ceremony/ dinner for a local company. I set up a small formal portrait area w/ backdrop with a standard 3 light set-up. I had all the lighting dialed in beforehand so I could just fire away. I photographed 23 couples. It was a mix of all body types, heights, etc. Again...the attractive couples seemed to standout over the others.

The odd thing is it's not how they carry themselves is what I'm wondering. It's the physical technical aspects that has me baffled. I won't touch any controls on my camera and the images of lesser attractive people are under/over exposed, flat, out of focus, etc. Is my subconscious controlling my actions? Has this ever happened to you?

Buy a new camera... yours seems a little rude.

This is a cruel reality: Some people are just ugly.

I know that sounds simplistic, but it's true. Some people will just never be attractive. Period. It could be for any number of reasons, but the reasons don't really matter. There are ugly people in the world, and they want their picture taken, too...

Isn't that where you could soften the photo to make them look better ?

Isn't that where you could soften the photo to make them look better ?

There's an old saying: "You can polish a turd, but it will always be just a turd".

There's another old saying: "Garbage in, garbage out".

Ugly is ugly. Making ugly not ugly is a time consuming endeavor...

Zen and the art of camera maintenance. Never say never.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe you’re just curious about photography, but aren’t sure if you should really dive into it. Fair warning, these reasons will totally convince you that photography is an amazing skill to develop. I’m sure of it.

Most reactions

Back