Can anybody help fix this?

Honestly it looks like this would be a better opportunity to keep practicing shooting and also to learn some editing.

Its not a once in a life time shot so is it really worth all the effort to "fix" it.

And you don't become any better at photography byt asking others to "fix"it.

Honestly it looks like this would be a better opportunity to keep practicing shooting and also to learn some editing.

Its not a once in a life time shot so is it really worth all the effort to "fix" it.

And you don't become any better at photography byt asking others to "fix"it.

I know, and I plan to try again. I'm just unsure when I'll have my family members agree to cooperate for this again haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DSC_0294.jpg

Save copies to use to try out or practice/play around with some editing in Photoshop. To brighten go to Enhance, then scroll down to Adjust Lighting, then to the right there should be an arrow and a box with options like Shadows/Highlights, Brightness/Contrast. If you pick Shadows/Highlights there will be another box that will have options like Lighten Shadows, Darken Highlights, etc.

Move the slider and see what it does and set it where it looks good; it might take some adjusting the sliders and the various options to get the best quality. You could save more than one and try different editing and see what looks best, or if you're practicing you wouldn't necessarily need to save.

Cropped, reduced noise, used select tool on dog then inverted to get all except the dog and removed weird color artifacts and blurred a bit, then inverted again back to the dog and ran shake reduction.
DSC_0294.jpg

Or in the alternative... ;)
DSC_0294.1.jpg

Save copies to use to try out or practice/play around with some editing in Photoshop. To brighten go to Enhance, then scroll down to Adjust Lighting, then to the right there should be an arrow and a box with options like Shadows/Highlights, Brightness/Contrast. If you pick Shadows/Highlights there will be another box that will have options like Lighten Shadows, Darken Highlights, etc.

Move the slider and see what it does and set it where it looks good; it might take some adjusting the sliders and the various options to get the best quality. You could save more than one and try different editing and see what looks best, or if you're practicing you wouldn't necessarily need to save.
Thank you! This will be super helpful.

If you have the image as a Raw file open it in Camera Raw.
Camera Raw is a parametric editor (doesn't actually change any pixels). Camera Raw edits are XML line commands that alter how the algorithms interpolate/parse the image data.
You can add exposure to the entire image (global edit) or you can use the Adjustment Brush and add exposure to just part or parts of the image (local edit).

Update 1/18/18 : I took my opportunity today when there was a lot of natural light. Dog vs Sausage has been attempted again, with a much better outcome.
DSC_0362.JPG
DSC_0376.JPG
DSC_0387.JPG

Or in the alternative... ;)
View attachment 152383

I know it's been over a year since you posted this, but I just wanted to thank you. This dog passed away in June, and it was a huge loss for my family and I. Your edit of this picture is something my family always laughs at when talking about her.

So sorry for your loss! Pets (especially GOOD pets), are loved family members. I'm sure that the passing was a huge loss indeed. Glad you have some memories captured!

Most reactions

Back