Can anyone name this monster

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This thing flew into my room mast night and scared the bejesus out of us, the nearest thing i can think of is an assassin bug, because of the big nose dagger thing, and its speed, something that crawles up onto your face and sucks your blood in the night, but i think that is unlikly in france, so anyone know what this darkside esque monster is.

bug1.jpg

OTE and thanks for looking

tim

WHOA UGLY!

I don't know what it's name is but i think it should return to the depths of hell from which it came.

he's a nasty sucker, huh?

So glad he made the flight to you. I breed these things. Nah...kidding. Love the name tho. Assissin Bug. Kinda creepy lookin dude.

Forgive me for posting images in your thread, but I just wanted to show you a couple of very similar bugs I have found here. I don't know what they are either.

This one looks like a prehistoric monster!
weirdbug1.jpg

And this one provoked a friend of mine to remark that it looked like a Star Wars creature.

weirdbug2.jpg

JTHphoto said:
he's a nasty sucker, huh?

Groan ;)

Chiller it is enough to send chills down your spine, it reminds me of "They came from outer space" b movie.

Rathbone, no i am all for it, but your photos might not get as much air time as if they had their own thread. Very cool shots, in the first one is it going to attack whatever that other insect is? you could try this place http://whatsthatbug.com/ to find out what they are. I had a quick look for them, perhaps the first one is an immature assassin bug? The spider in your sig is very cool too but the link at the bottom does not work, i was hoping to find some more pics :)

It turns out mine is a masked hunter assassin bug, they had this to say "The Masked Hunter only becomes covered with dust in its immature instars. Both nymphs and adults are foes to that scurge of mankind, the Bedbug. They also feed on flies and other insects. You will find them indoors because they prey upon Bedbugs. EVen though they are helpful, they can bite people if provoked, unlike the unprovoked attacks of their nasty Bedbug relatives."

tim

Most reactions

Back