Can anyone tell me whats the deal with these prices?

emg35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm in the begging stages of looking for a new DSLR. I have been searching the web for reviews and pricing and have found a few sites like this one http://www.flyingprices.com/compare.asp?item=25412 Can anyone tell me how some of these guys are selling theses cameras for 229 +? Is it a scam are they missing key components or ?

Check out the sellers at resellerratings.com. You will find out that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Thanks Hamster,
Great link, I will be using a lot in the future. I figured these cameras were missing something but selling just the shell.

Anytime a price seems way too low, it is and you shoud run away from it as fast as you can.

Maybe because its the body of the camera only? You have to buy the lens separate.

The typical 'scam' is that they advertise low prices and get you to order or call them. If you place an order, they call you to confirm...either way, they want to get you on the phone. Then they give you the hard sell for overpriced accesories. They may even try to sell you things that should come included with the camera, like cables and battery. They may tell you that it's a grey market camera. After all of that, especially if you don't bite on the accesories, they tell you that the camera is back ordered and won't be avaliable for a while.

Most of the time when you see a deal to good to be true its a bust. When you go to purchase the camera they will be out of that model but can sell you another model in its place which will be a joke. NEVER spend your $$ on a sub-par business. There are fair prices out there by people that back up what they sell and thats what you need not a cheap price and then when you have problems you cant get ahold of anybody.

Well, I got lucky. I happened to know a kid (whom posts on these forums and goes to my school) that just wanted to get rid of his camera. So he sold me a camera with the lens and Photoshop and all for $300. Some of the outside is scratched but who cares!? The quality is amazing.

Most reactions

Back